Acreage loans are the exact loan you need to buy your perfect land. If you are finding it difficult to find acreage loans, that’s because few banks offer them. This is where our expertise in acreage loans comes in. We know exactly which lenders will offer finance for large acreage and which ones will not.
Remember, a residential land loan for acreage cannot be provided if the land is ‘income producing’ – a hobby farm will be accepted for an acreage loan, but as a going concern such a loan would become a commercial acreage loan transaction.
For residential acreage loan, here are the criteria that lenders will accept:
- Maximum total land size 50 Hectares / 123 Acres (must have a house or have a contract to build at the same time for vacant land purchase)
- Acreage vacant land to 11 Hectares / 27 Acres
- No post code restrictions in Australia except for islands with no main road access
- Lend up to 97% of the land value
- Variable and Fixed rates are available
- 30 year loan terms and interest only repayments up to 5 years
- Acreage loans for investment or owner occupied are accepted
- Zoning can be rural, rural residential or residential (not commercially or industrially zoned)
If the land is over 50 hectares, the lender deems this to exceed what would be reasonably considered to be for personal use (and you’ll also need a sizeable deposit of 30% or more).
A Word Of Warning:
The more enquires for finance you make, the more your credit report may be damaged. Asking several banks for acreage loans (when they don’t even offer them) could harm your ability to finance your land purchase.
We’ve helped our clients avoid this trap and secure acreage loans such as:
- Berrilee NSW 40 acres – $650,000
- Karana Downs QLD 10 Acres‐ $850,000
- Warwick QLD 87 Acres – $195,500
- Maleny QLD 30 Acres – $920,000
- Tonimbuk VIC 53.5 Acres – $505,000
Call Building Loans Australia today, and we’ll help you tap into the best lender for your personal requirements and source the acreage loan that is best for you.